Why should my church participate?
LifeWay, through the Transformational Church Initiative, is seeking to help churches change the scorecard—to better understand how to become a transformational church.
For a long time, congregations have been measuring against a checklist for “bodies, budgets, and buildings”—attendance, the offering plate and ever increasing square footage. But it is our deep conviction that the scorecard can’t stop there. When it does, the deeper emphasis on accountability, discipleship, and spiritual maturity is lost. Ignoring these details, we see fewer lives transformed.
Based on extensive research, we believe that this instrument can help churches more clearly understand their involvement in disciple-making, active biblical engagement, and prayerful dependence on God…along with increasing, intentional participation in mission and ministry activities.
Why Churches Need the TCAT
Before you can get where you want to go, you have to know where you are.
- People become more like Jesus
- The church acts more like the body of Christ
- The community becomes more of a reflection of the kingdom of God
The TCAT can help. This online assessment uses a variable scale to gauge the perceptions of your church members concerning each of the seven Transformational Church elements:
- Missionary Mentality
- Vibrant Leadership
- Relational Intentionality
- Prayerful Dependence
- Demographic report
- Pastor report (compares the pastor’s responses with member’s collective responses)
- Summary report (gives a report on each of the 7 elements and flags potential areas of opportunity for your church)
- Detailed report (gives a detailed breakdown of responses to each item in the assessment)