by Carol Pipes
Carly Fiorina is the former CEO of Hewlett Packard, a best-selling author, founder of the One Woman Initiative and chairman of Good 360.
She spoke last week at the 2014 Global Leadership Summit on the definition of leadership and what real leaders do. Here are nine lessons from her session.
- Leadership is the same no matter the context.
- Every organization has more potential than is ever tapped.
- Every person has more potential than you can imagine.
- The highest calling of leadership is to unlock potential in others.
- Leadership is not management. Leadership is changing the order of things.
- Leadership is not about position, title, or power.
- Leadership is about making a positive difference.
- True leadership requires faith.
- A love of God makes leadership easier. Faith gives us the gift of humility, optimism, and empathy.
How can you apply these leadership principles in your areas of influence?