Here are 12 outreach ideas for your church during the Christmas season and into next year.
1. Holiday Food Baskets: Organize, prepare and deliver holiday food baskets to families and individuals in need.
2. Wrap It Up: Provide free gift-wrapping for mall shoppers. Promote upcoming Christmas events at your church.
3. Christmas Caroling: Teams blanket the community with caroling then meet later for hot cocoa.
4. Christmas Eve Candlelight Service: Keep it brief and family friendly. Plan ahead for quality music and friendly greeters. Invite the entire community.
5. The 52 Challenge: Members commit to personally invite one person—friend or stranger—to church every week this year, and write the names on their personal calendar.
6. Snow Day: Build dozens of snowmen on the church lawn. Decorate snow-families with creative props and signs inviting folks to church.
7. Plan a baby shower for a local pregnancy center on Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, January 19.
8. Sunday Brunch: Deliver invitations to homes located near the church building inviting them to worship services and to a Sunday brunch beforehand with their neighbors (and some friendly church members).
9. Pray for Leaders: Invite local government leaders to your worship service. Recognize those who are able to attend and pray for them.
10. Community-Wide Blood Drive: Support your local blood bank.
11. Date Night: Provide complimentary childcare for unchurched couples on Valentine’s Day.
12. NearlyWed Seminar: Invite engaged couples to an 8-week seminar before church or during the week. Each session is a topical Bible study about marriage, with homework and handouts. At completion, couples get a certificate and promote to newlywed class.
These ideas originated in the post 52 Ideas for Your Church This Year.
DIANA DAVIS is an author, columnist and speaker. For more ministry ideas, visit DianaDavis.org.