Jana Magruder, Director of LifeWay Kids, discusses the importance for parents to focus on simplifying and looking for ways to get with their kids and get into God’s Word…because Bible reading by far showed the biggest impact on children’s spiritual health.
A few of the items that did NOT make the top 10 list of parents did with their children that had a statistically significant impact on their children’s spiritual health:
- Family ate meals together at least once a week
- Parents acted differently at church than at home
- Parents had responsibilities serving the community
- Parents reviewed Sunday School lessons
- Family went on vacations, fun outings and one-on-one outings
- Child playing sports, getting good grades, having a job as a teen
Jana, Lizette, and Scott also discuss their reactions to what the research revealed about the impact of Christian and secular music on children’s spiritual health.
- Nothing Less: Engaging Kids in a Lifetime of Faith by Jana Magruder
- Young Bible Readers More Likely to be Faithful Adults, Study Finds by LifeWay Research
- 2018 Etch Conference (Event put on by LifeWay Kids Ministry and Student Ministry Teams) https://etchconference.com/
Jana Magruder serves as the Director of LifeWay Kids. She offers a wealth of experience and passion for kids ministry, education, and publishing. She and her husband, Michael, along with their three children reside in Nashville.