Dr. Pingleton shared staggering numbers:
- 20%-25% of adults in the U.S. suffer at any present time with a diagnosable mental illness.
- Alcoholism and the addiction to pornography contribute significantly to these numbers.
- In the U.S., 2000 children a day are abused.
- 117 people end their lives in the U.S.
- The Struggle Is Real: How to Care for Mental and Relational Health Needs in the Church by Tim Clinton and Jared Pingleton
- Suicide Remains a Taboo Topic at Churches by LifeWay Research
- Study of Acute Mental Illness and Christian Faith – LifeWay Research
- Mental Illness Remains Taboo Topic for Many Pastors by LifeWay Research
Jared Pingleton, Psy.D., serves as the Vice President of the American Association of Christian Counselors. As a Clinical Psychologist and credentialed minister, Jared is dually trained in both psychology and theology and specializes in the theoretical and clinical integration of the two disciplines. In professional practice since 1977, Dr. Pingleton has had the privilege to work with thousands of individuals and couples to offer help, hope, and healing to the hurting.