- 96% have an opportunity to meet the pastor after the service.
- 95% have greeters at the entrances.
- 83% have cards guests are asked to complete.
- 78% have a central location where guests can learn about the church.
- 69% set aside time during the service for regular attenders to welcome guests.
- 65% periodically host an information session for new people to learn more about the church.
- 44% have books in the pews for all attenders to indicate they were present that collects visitor information.
- 42% have gifts for guests.
- 24% have greeters or attendants in the parking lot.
- 17% ask guests to stand in the worship service.
Greeters and Gifts: How Churches Welcome Guests – LifeWay Research