The team discusses data on American participation and positivity regarding VBS.
- A surprisingly high number (60%) of American adults say they attended VBS when they were growing up
- 9 out of 10 who attended VBS growing up have positive memories of VBS
- VBS has been around a long time–started in the 1890s
- 22% of American adults say they attended VBS every summer when they were growing up
- 42% say the reason they attended was their parents attended the church where they went to VBS
- 26% of American adults say the church was in or close to their neighborhood
- Almost half of parents (with kids under age 18) have had a child attend VBS
A special thanks to LifeWay Kids for sponsoring this research project!
- Even If They Don’t Go to Church, Americans Still Love VBS by LifeWay Research
- Invite a Friend to VBS! New Research Shows It Still Works! by LifeWay Kids