- Data rarely speaks to itself. Carol’s team helps bring the Lifeway Research data to life and help connect it to help those in ministry.
- Facts are important to leaders, pastors, church staff. Data can help leaders in their work and ministry. (It doesn’t necessarily drive ministry, but it can give insight.)
- When writing about data for a ministry audience, Carol wants her team to ask: how do we write about this in such a way that the reader not only understands the research, but they can take action. Story is impactful to everyone (even those who are more “numbers” oriented).
- Every writer has a perspective. Every researcher has a perspective. Lifeway Research is unapologetic that it is an evangelical research firm.
Here are research-related stories from Carol’s team at Facts & Trends.
- How to Raise Spiritually Mature and Mentally Healthy Kids
- Why Your Church Probably Needs to Change Its Social Media Strategy
- New Research Finds the One Commandment Almost All Americans Support
- Getting Beyond the Stigma of Mental Illness
Carol Pipes is director of corporate communications at Lifeway Christian Resources and editor-in-chief of Facts & Trends. Carol has worked in Christian publishing for 17 years, during which time she has written numerous magazine articles and edited books on church planting, spiritual growth, and reaching young adults. She is an avid reader, a morning coffee drinker, and she loves a good Broadway showstopper. A Tennessee native, Carol graduated from the University of Memphis. She and her husband, Keith, live in Nashville. Follow her on Twitter @CarolPipes.