There has been a small increase from 2016 to 2018 on what is sin.
- “Abortion is a sin.” 52% agree in 2018, 49% agree in 2016
- “Sex outside of traditional marriage is a sin.” 51% agree in 2018, 49% agree in 2016, and 48% agree in 2014
While this is a small increase, the survey had a sample size of 3000 so we are confident that it is actually real movement in a more biblical direction.
- “Bible has the authority to tell us what we must do.” 53% agree in 2018, 50% agree in 2016, and 49% agree in 2014
- “The Bible is 100% accurate in all that it teachers.” 50% agree in 2018, 47% agree in 2016, and 43% agree in 2014
Simultaneously, we also see some discouraging numbers.
- “The Bible, like all sacred writings, contains helpful accounts of ancient myths but is not literally true.” 47% agree in 2018, 44% agree in 2016, and 41% agree in 2014
American views, unsurprisingly, are split down the middle with fewer people falling in the middle. Quite a few of the results reveal that Americans can hold conflicting theological beliefs.
- 6 out 10 Americans agree there will be a time when Jesus returns to judge all the people who have lived
- More people believe that Jesus is going to judge us than those who believe the Bible has authority